Friday, March 21, 2014

Back At It

It's been awhile since I've posted. Got away from the drawings and into quilting.  But still felt the pullback to do something more with the drawings. I wanted to take them to a new place and give them more dimension.  Soooo....  I've been working on fabric art versions.  I tried a few ideas with the quilting but just couldn't get the detail I wanted.  Just recently I came across some old embroidery kits I did when I was younger and...... The light bulb went off.   So these are my first attempt at using embroidery and hand piecing to create my mandalas in textile art.   I'm having fun with it again, and as before they are evolving as I work on them.  Hope you enjoy and I will post more as I go.



Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 21, 2014 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Margaret Bremner, Artist said...

This is realy gorgeous! You are a master of detail.

 
At March 21, 2014 at 5:19 PM , Blogger Jane said...

Thank you Margaret. Your work is very beautiful as well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home