Thursday, March 25, 2010

The finished product

So here is the finished piece. I usually keep starting at the center and work my way out with each layer. The detail gets more fun as you go, and you just have to go with it. It really is about the process, but it is nice to have a pretty piece in the end. They are great tools for meditating. Either as you work, or for sitting with and using as a focal point when you are done. It is a great form of expression!! Enjoy, and please feel free to ask any questions.

3 Comments:

At March 26, 2010 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Jane said...

Thanks Rose, Patience is definitely something I've been developing with these, but what a fun way to do it!! :) ♥

 
At March 27, 2010 at 11:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the idea of working with a grid. You must be great with a compass and protractor too. What kind of pen do you use for your mandalas?

 
At March 27, 2010 at 12:08 PM , Blogger Jane said...

Thanks Sue, I really am such a mix, I love symmetry, but I love freeform. So I set up the grid, make a basic framework, and then work freeform within the framework. I have been using a sharpie ultra fine, but just found sharpie has come out with an even finer pen and just today I bought a staedtler .1mm art pen. I'm going to play with it now, I'm trying to get some shading into the designs to get more of a dimensional look to them. Oh I love to play!! :) ♥

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home