Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Back to quilting, finally!!

So here is the art quilt, finished!! Finally!!  Is it too late for a new years resolution, well, I resolve to do more of this, I really enjoy playing with the pieces and the stitching!!  So here are the results of this last one.  I added the outer rim after, as you can see by my previous post.  Not sure I like that method, as it didn't lie as flat as I wanted and the batting was tricky to match up, but live and learn, maybe practice will work that through.  The stitching was mostly free form, swirls.  I now understand the benefit of really good quality thread when doing free form, many birds nests later!!!!    I will try to post more often, and thus it will make me quilt more often!!! :)  Be Creative
Oh yes I forgot, the size is 25 inches across, perfect wall hanging

6 Comments:

At June 8, 2010 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Stacy Wills said...

it's gorgeous!

 
At June 9, 2010 at 5:17 AM , Anonymous Dana said...

Wow!! Love it! Didn't know you were a quilter!

 
At June 30, 2010 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Caterina Martinico said...

Your mandala quilts are actually stunning. Beautiful, unusual, deep work. Bravo. Keep it up.

 
At August 11, 2010 at 7:22 PM , Blogger W-S Wanderings said...

Stunning!

 
At January 1, 2011 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Janie said...

Love how you turn your mandala design into a quilt. You are a great inspiration!
Janie

 
At December 17, 2018 at 12:45 AM , Blogger Bernapatch said...

magnifique! Quel talent!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home