Thursday, March 25, 2010

Step 2


Now I remove the grid, and just work on the framework of shapes I've created. I add more detail into the shapes. You can go as crazy as you want here, or leave it simpler, whatever works for you, it all comes out beautiful in the end. This is where you learn to listen to that inner voice, don't get caught up in being perfect. Almost always I get to this stage or even further and hit a point where I hate what I've done. All artists know that "Ugly" stage. Never judge a piece until it is done. Put it down for a break if you need to, come back later, but don't give up, the beauty is coming.

1 Comments:

At June 16, 2010 at 5:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jane thanks for sharing your process...I don't own a compass but will certainly get one! Your work is so inspiring! Verlie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home