Friday, June 18, 2010

Mandala Process - Day 4- and Final Product!! :)

Now we start to work the final part of the six sections.  Since I did this one different by creating little mandalas in each section, I now have to blend them into one large mandala.  Below I have started working some framework and design in pencil.  I have also started to work from the center in pen.  There is still a pencil framework in place from the beginning, but you can reestablish it with a ruler and pencil to make sure the sections come out symmetrical.

  Below is a close up of the design starting to be worked in pen.

Again you can add as much or as little detail as you like. Below you will see how I've added more detail into the framework, trying to work with the little mandalas that are already in place.
And Finally the finished product. 



I found by slowing myself down I added more detail than ever.  Could be a good thing, or maybe not, I'm not sure.  Even I get dizzy looking at this one.  Often I find when I finish one I can hardley wait to get to the next, almost like writing a story and needing to get another blank piece of paper before you lose the flow of thoughts.  So by slowing down the process I got a lot of "info" packed into this one.  It was a different process.  By slowing it down, I took more time with each section, but I also lost some of the meditative effects.  Maybe I analyzed it more than I usually would.  I find the mandalas work best if you just flow from your heart and don't analyze how it looks, stay out of your head. 

Let me know how yours are turning out.  All comments are welcome, I would love to hear how following this process was for each of you. 

Thanks again for hanging out with me and my mandalas ♥♥♥ Jane :)

21 Comments:

At June 18, 2010 at 6:16 AM , Blogger Stacy Wills said...

exquisite!

 
At June 19, 2010 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to document the process. I've loved mandalas for years and have often wondered whether I could learn to create my own. I just didn't know where to start. You've given me inspiration!!

 
At June 29, 2010 at 6:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I found your site! Your mandalas are beautiful! When I first saw them, I was sure they were somehow computer generated, since they are so symmetrical and detailed. You've inspired me to try this myself.

Betsy

 
At July 17, 2010 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Debby said...

Absolutely Stunning!!!

 
At July 21, 2010 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Verlin said...

Your comments about "slowing down", as a long time journal writer, I find that by the time I have arrived at the third page, the slowed pace begins to bring better material to my pen...

 
At July 21, 2010 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Genevieve said...

WOW!... This is spectacular!

 
At July 21, 2010 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Genevieve said...

I was wondering what size are your mandalas?

 
At July 21, 2010 at 2:37 PM , Blogger Jane said...

Thanks for the great comments. All my mandalas are 8" x 8". They are easy to take with me and work on anywhere! Yes, Verlin, slowing down, its almost like once you let your mind spit out all its spiny stuff, you can then slow down and what is left is really interesting stuff! :)

 
At July 21, 2010 at 4:41 PM , Blogger Genevieve said...

All that detail in only 8"x8"? At the risk of repeating myself... WOW!

 
At July 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Rebekah Crown said...

I am so glad I found your site. These are wonderful.

 
At August 3, 2010 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Christie said...

I've just stumbled on this site. Love the intricacy of this mandala. And the sacred geometry used (seven tangent circles/the flower of life) was this intentional or intuitive? After such effort, you deserve a rest. Selfishly, though, I'd like to see more!

 
At August 4, 2010 at 5:56 AM , Blogger Jane said...

Thanks! Christie, I would have to say intuitive. I have done other artwork using the sacred geometry and flower of life intentionally, but this time I just started drawing, so thanks for showing me, because I hadn't realized I did that!! :) I am a planner and logic minded person and this has been a journey in just letting go and let something come through me, no planning allowed!! It's been quite the journey :) ♥

 
At August 28, 2010 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome work, Jane.
Keep it up!
Hugs

 
At November 5, 2010 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Joyce said...

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS WONDERFUL PROJECT. I AM INSPIRED. JOYCE E FRANCIS

 
At December 31, 2010 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Catherine Langsdorf said...

Unbelievable! Thanks for posting the steps. I discovered mandala artwork this year, still looking forward to attempting my first detailed one. I've made a few with off-hand flourishing strokes. They are enjoyable. Any way, if you get a chance to follow my new blog . . . http://alphabeetangles.blogspot.com/
thanks!

 
At January 1, 2011 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Genevieve said...

Hi again, Jane. I have been so inspired by your mandalas, I started doing some of my own. You can see them in my Mandalas album on Flickr.

 
At January 21, 2011 at 6:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Thanks for taking time to share your process and the results. This is a great blog. Just found it via link on another blog.

 
At March 23, 2011 at 12:06 AM , Blogger The Old Art Room said...

These are amazing, so inspirational. I am also a Jane and love to inspire others too!
Your blog title hit a cord within me. I love to help people dream and think of things that they would like to make and help them create.
Thank you for sharing.
Best wishes,
jane C

 
At April 8, 2011 at 12:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Gobsmacked? speechless? Incredible? All of these and more! Thank you so much for helping this inept artist on how to do a mandala. I am new to this kind of stuff and am completely hooked. Thank you again for such brilliant inspiration.
Rosie

 
At May 3, 2011 at 1:21 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

Great work!! I love this concept/idea.

 
At July 28, 2013 at 10:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jane found your blog thur flicker. Are u still drawing? Love to see more.
Maggie in Alberta.
Delvindesign on flicker
Www.delvindesign.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home